Hacks for the Unhacky Officiant, Part 1
Here’s how to build your referral network with simple social media and networking hacks even if you don’t know what “hack” means (tricks and methods to get results). You can get more bookings with these simple methods that are at your fingertips.
(Download link below).
- Arrange to meet in person, by appointment with venue coordinator, head of photography, DJ, caterer, florist, or wedding planner.
- Research their website or Social Media pages to get an idea of what they’ve been up to, who they are and anything they’ve done lately. Be knowledgeable when you meet!
- Offer your card with a small gift like a few fresh baked cookies, muffins, fresh fruit or anything that’s small and notable. Nothing fancy or it’ll seem like you’re trying to bribe them. Do NOT leave a calendar. (Oh lordy mama hug me now if I get one more calendar).
- Ask for your Contact’s:
- Facebook @ address or link
- Instagram address or # (hashtag)
- Twitter Handle
- LinkedIn address
- Google For Business link
5. Are they on any big wedding websites like Wedding Wire or The Knot?
6. Email address and direct phone number
- How do they prefer to be contacted
- What hours do they prefer to be contacted
7. Ask your Contact, “What can I post on my FB page and social that’s most helpful to you?”
8. Take a selfie with your Contact. Smile, please! Even get goofy if you dare. 😉
9. Make a little video of a part of the tour of your Contact’s business and post (watch for too jiggly a video)
- Be sure to tag your Contact
- Include contact info for your Contact on your post (see photo>>>>)
11. Does your Contact or their business have a blog?
- Could you be a guest blogger or would they like to guest blog on your website?
- Can they post your contact info on their Social media and / or Instastory?
12. Request to be on their Preferred Vendor’s List
13. Create your own Vendor’s List and ask if they’d like to be listed (they’ll say yes!)
14. If your Contact is on a wedding website, ask them if they’ll recommend your services in exchange for recommending their services
- You can put “As reviewed/seen in Wedding Wire” etc., on website or social media
Give these hacks a try. You’ll see changes sooner than later in your bookings.
Download the hacks: I DO_Hacks #1_19
We’d love to help you succeed as an Officiant, have more fun, get things done more easily, and set yourself a firm foundation to create a generous source of extra income for yourself. Contact Us through our easy, most enjoyable form or visit the Ready, Willing and Able Officiant Prep Program page.
It’s been a pleasure and a joy.
Contact me for more information on how our simple, straight forward, practical program to prepare new officiants and inspire experienced officiants can help you.